Sunday, June 28, 2009

Crips on Adwords

Imagine my surprise this morning when I logged into Gmail and found myself staring at an ad for the Crips.

Yes, the Crips. Not a bunch of cripples. The Crips. As in OG, "muthafuckin kick yo' honky white ass" gangbangers from LA... or the 213 if you prefer.

Don't get me wrong - I figured the OGs of Compton, Crenshaw, and Ingleside have gotten a little web savvy over the years, but this takes it to the next level. I can just picture the conversation between the Crips' chief marketing officer and the AdWords rep.

Crip CMO: "Yo sup muthafucka! I need some mo' traffic to my site. What you got?"

AdWords Rep: "Well sir, first of all, good morning to you."

Crip: "Fuck this good mawnin shit, foo'. Just tell me what you got befo' I bust a cap in yo' fuckin ass."

Adwords Rep: "Sir, no need to talk like that. I can offer you a variety of revenue generating products that will match your unique needs and requirements."

Crip: "The only need I got right now is to get yo' ass off the phone, comprende biatch? Just tell me what you got."

Or something like that...

Either way, you've gotta love who corporations will do business with these days to make a buck, increase their revenue stream, drive shareholder value, etc, etc.

No comments:

Link2Blogs